Our Work around the World
Across the world, we work closely with organisations and individuals providing practical help, spiritual help, training and education. The group overseeing how we spend our money on these projects is the MISSION ACTION GROUP or MAG, chaired by Paul White.
Hope for Justice
ABOUT Hope for Justice: Preventing human trafficking, rescuing and campaigning for reform
• UK: HfJ calls for awareness of the signs of human trafficking after 84 victims identified in Scotland.
• Despite the pandemic, we welcomed 142 child survivors of trafficking into our Lighthouses last month, more than double the number as in the same month the previous year! 112 children were reintegrated to their families or to safety within their communities.
• February 11th marks 8 years since the founding of our first UK Hub, in W Yorkshire. The award-winning model pioneered at this Hub, which couples community engagement and multilingual outreach with investigation and police partnership, has since been rolled out at other Hubs to expand our anti-trafficking work.
Bishop Given and the Diocese of Kondoa: Tanzania
Kondoa Diocese, about the size of Wales, is one of the poorest in Tanzania. Our parish and a few others in this area have raised funds for a kindergarten - building completed January 2018.
Feb 2021: construction of the new cathedral - get the picture in this short video here
More info on the Diocese website here, http://kondoa.anglican.org/ and on this report (Feb 2021)
The Langham Partnership
ABOUT Langham Partnership: Trains pastors, equips students & leaders, distributes books; Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, New Zealand, the UK and Ireland, and the USA http://uk.langham.org/
January 2021 update:
In the year 2019-2020:
• Training and Encouraging: between July 2019 and June 2020, nearly 10,000 pastors were trained.
• Literature: Between July 2019 and June 2020, 642 Majority World colleges received nearly 14,000 books, and 44 books were published.
• The Scholars Programme: Between July 2019 and 2020, Langham supported 78 PhD students. Another 23 new Langham Scholars have signed up.
• Langham’s Vision: More and more internet communication has been vital and highly effective: in several countries (e.g. Myanmar) the church is producing its own resources and growing its own leadership teams.
Report of the year 2019 - 20 for the Langham Partnership HERE
The Lawrence Barham Memorial Trust:
Rwanda, Uganda and Burundi
The Trust has been operating in East Africa since 1985, supporting the work of the Anglican Church. Projects have included a cathedral, two income-generating guest houses, schools, colleges, a medical centre and houses for widows and orphans. The work of the Gospel is growing, and to train more pastors, the Trust have to provide accommodation, support and facilities - pastors in Rwanda are only supported by local donations. The Peace Guest House (photographed) completed with local labour and materials in 2016, accommodates many visitors, trainers and international groups, generating income.
Overseas Mission Fellowship: the Gelsthorpe family, Japan
ABOUT: The Gelsthorpes are missionaries from the UK based in rural north Japan.
Get a slice of life in Japan, running several projects while home schooling and having visitors HERE